Dec 10, 2012 / 1:43 pm
A 20-year-old Peachland man suffered serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a suspected drunk driver on Sunday morning.
West Kelowna RCMP responded to reports of an erratic driver and subsequent collision in the 2800 block of Highway 97 South around 5:30 a.m. Witnesses reported seeing a grey Jeep Cherokee driving in the opposite lane with no headlights.
That vehicle struck a Pontiac G6 head-on near Gorman’s Mill. The driver of the Pontiac was rushed to hospital with serious head injuries, while the driver of the Jeep, an 18-year-old Osoyoos man, was taken to the Kelowna RCMP detachment where he provided breath samples in excess of the legal limit.
He now faces potential charges of impaired operation of a motor vehicle, driving while over .08 and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25