Vernon and North Okanagan
Dec 9, 2012 / 10:32 am
It was an unusual sight for the Coldstream Fire Department yesterday when they responded to a blaze in a hot tub.
“The tub itself was full of water, so it was a little odd to see a pool catch fire,” says Fire Chief Shane Code.
Passersby spotted the blaze around 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon and crews were quickly on scene.
“We had a large fire, but it was limited to the hot tub – which was about two feet from the heavy timber building itself,” says Code.
“There was heavy black smoke and lots of flames, but minimal damage to the home itself.”
No one was home at the time, and Code says the cause of the blaze is undetermined, but he suspects it was either faulty wiring or the hot tub’s motor burned out.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2