Dec 9, 2012 / 10:32 am
It was an unusual sight for the Coldstream Fire Department yesterday when they responded to a blaze in a hot tub.
“The tub itself was full of water, so it was a little odd to see a pool catch fire,” says Fire Chief Shane Code.
Passersby spotted the blaze around 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon and crews were quickly on scene.
“We had a large fire, but it was limited to the hot tub – which was about two feet from the heavy timber building itself,” says Code.
“There was heavy black smoke and lots of flames, but minimal damage to the home itself.”
No one was home at the time, and Code says the cause of the blaze is undetermined, but he suspects it was either faulty wiring or the hot tub’s motor burned out.
Read more Vernon News
- Coldstream house fire May 16
- Tuesday collision disrupts traffic May 15
- Enjoying Vernon beaches May 14
- Bus stop purse snatch May 13
- Townhouse fire destroys kitchen May 12