Dec 7, 2012 / 8:07 am
There'll be a re-match between Premier Christy Clark and David Eby in the riding of Vancouver-Point Grey in next May's B.C. election.
New Democrats in the riding acclaimed Eby as their candidate at a nomination meeting Thursday night.
Eby, the executive director of the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, came within 564 votes of beating Clark in a by-election last year and says he's looking forward to another run at the premier.
Clark has been bracing for the rematch, saying last month that Eby stands on the far left of the political spectrum, even further left than NDP leader Adrian Dix.
For his part, Dix says Eby is practical and hard-working and will be a powerful voice for the community if he's elected.
Read more BC News
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
(Click for RSS instructions.)