Dec 7, 2012 / 8:07 am
There'll be a re-match between Premier Christy Clark and David Eby in the riding of Vancouver-Point Grey in next May's B.C. election.
New Democrats in the riding acclaimed Eby as their candidate at a nomination meeting Thursday night.
Eby, the executive director of the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, came within 564 votes of beating Clark in a by-election last year and says he's looking forward to another run at the premier.
Clark has been bracing for the rematch, saying last month that Eby stands on the far left of the political spectrum, even further left than NDP leader Adrian Dix.
For his part, Dix says Eby is practical and hard-working and will be a powerful voice for the community if he's elected.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)