Dec 6, 2012 / 5:30 pm
With flurries in the forecast this weekend snow plows and sand and salt trucks will begin winter maintenance in West Kelowna if snow begins to gather on local streets.
Residents are asked to park vehicles off street to avoid interference with winter roads maintenance efforts.
The District of West Kelowna would also like to remind residents that snow plows are unable to avoid depositing snow in front of driveways when clearing streets.
To minimize the amount of snow left in front of driveways, please shovel snow to the left side (when facing the property).
Please also remember to clear sidewalks and pedestrian accesses fronting your property.
The District of West Kelowna will clear sidewalks and walkways adjacent to civic buildings and in the vicinity of select pedestrian accesses and parks.
Waste collection bins should be placed in a cleared area near the curb whenever possible.
Please put out bins by 7 a.m. on the date of collection and remove snow from the lids. Please do not place carts in an area where they will obstruct snow plows, traffic or pedestrians.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19