Dec 5, 2012 / 4:15 pm
Kamloops RCMP are investigating the discovery of human remains in the city.
Sgt. Lorne Wood with the Major Crime Unit, says police were notified of the discovery about 11:45 this (Wednesday) morning.
Wood says a man walking his dog in the Guerrin Creek area came across what appeared to be human remains.
"Patrol officers attended and confirmed the presence of apparent human remains and cordoned off the area," says Wood.
He says members of the Serious Crimes Unit, Property Crimes Unit, Forensic Identification Section and Police Dog Section are conducting a complete examination of the area.
"No details are being released regarding the scene. Investigators are working to establish an identification of the remains."
Wood asks anyone who may have witnessed anything unusual or suspicious in the Mount Guerrin area of Kamloops over the past 24 hours to call the Kamloops RCMP or Crimestoppers.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)