Dec 5, 2012 / 4:15 pm
Kamloops RCMP are investigating the discovery of human remains in the city.
Sgt. Lorne Wood with the Major Crime Unit, says police were notified of the discovery about 11:45 this (Wednesday) morning.
Wood says a man walking his dog in the Guerrin Creek area came across what appeared to be human remains.
"Patrol officers attended and confirmed the presence of apparent human remains and cordoned off the area," says Wood.
He says members of the Serious Crimes Unit, Property Crimes Unit, Forensic Identification Section and Police Dog Section are conducting a complete examination of the area.
"No details are being released regarding the scene. Investigators are working to establish an identification of the remains."
Wood asks anyone who may have witnessed anything unusual or suspicious in the Mount Guerrin area of Kamloops over the past 24 hours to call the Kamloops RCMP or Crimestoppers.
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)