Dec 5, 2012 / 12:00 pm
A five vehicle collision at Harvey and Spall has resulted in numerous people being sent to hospital.
Three people have been taken to Kelowna General Hospital following the crash shortly before 11:30 a.m.
A Castanet reporter on scene says one person had to be extracted from a vehicle.
"A Titan (truck) was travelling eastbound on Highway 97, missed the red light, went over the median, hit a southbound vehicle travelling on Spall which caused a chain reaction," says RCMP Cst. Lise Marion.
She says the chain reaction also impacted two vehicles that were stopped along with a fifth vehicle travelling northbound on Spall.
Spall Road has been blocked in both directions while traffic in northbound lanes along Harvey Avenue have also been affected.
It appears as if four of the vehicles will have to be towed from the scene.
Marion says those injured were taken to KGH for observation.
All injuries are considered minor.
Five vehicle crash Harvey and Spall - Dec 5, 2012
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16