Dec 5, 2012 / 12:00 pm
A five vehicle collision at Harvey and Spall has resulted in numerous people being sent to hospital.
Three people have been taken to Kelowna General Hospital following the crash shortly before 11:30 a.m.
A Castanet reporter on scene says one person had to be extracted from a vehicle.
"A Titan (truck) was travelling eastbound on Highway 97, missed the red light, went over the median, hit a southbound vehicle travelling on Spall which caused a chain reaction," says RCMP Cst. Lise Marion.
She says the chain reaction also impacted two vehicles that were stopped along with a fifth vehicle travelling northbound on Spall.
Spall Road has been blocked in both directions while traffic in northbound lanes along Harvey Avenue have also been affected.
It appears as if four of the vehicles will have to be towed from the scene.
Marion says those injured were taken to KGH for observation.
All injuries are considered minor.
Five vehicle crash Harvey and Spall - Dec 5, 2012
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21