Dec 5, 2012 / 11:24 am
About 600 non-faculty staff and teaching assistants at UBC Okanagan have agreed to a new two-year contract.
The employees, members of the BC Government Employees Union, will receive two per cent increases retroactive to July 1, 2012 and July 1, 2013.
According to information released by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Innovation and Technology, the increases were funded from savings found within existing budgets.
The contract was ratified under the Cooperative Gains Mandate which applies to all public sector employers who collective agreements expired on or after December 31, 2011.
The Cooperative Gains Mandate provides public sector employers with the ability to negotiate modest wage increases funded from savings within existing budgets and not by adding costs to taxpayers and ratepayers of sacrificing services.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9