Dec 5, 2012 / 11:24 am
About 600 non-faculty staff and teaching assistants at UBC Okanagan have agreed to a new two-year contract.
The employees, members of the BC Government Employees Union, will receive two per cent increases retroactive to July 1, 2012 and July 1, 2013.
According to information released by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Innovation and Technology, the increases were funded from savings found within existing budgets.
The contract was ratified under the Cooperative Gains Mandate which applies to all public sector employers who collective agreements expired on or after December 31, 2011.
The Cooperative Gains Mandate provides public sector employers with the ability to negotiate modest wage increases funded from savings within existing budgets and not by adding costs to taxpayers and ratepayers of sacrificing services.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12