Eddie Murphy has been named the most over-paid actor in Hollywood.
The 51-year-old actor - whose recent films 'Imagine That', 'A Thousand Words' and 'Meet Dave' were all labelled flops - is reportedly no longer popular at the box office despite being paid a huge amount of money to star in huge number of movies.
According to Forbes magazine, for every $1 Eddie was paid for his last three movies, they returned an estimated average of $2.30.
His movie 'Tower Heist' which was released last year also failed to wow audiences and earned just over double its budget of $75 million.
Earlier this year, Eddie revealed he is in talks to make a 'Beverly Hills Cop' TV show.
One of the comedian and actor's best loved roles was as wise cracking detective Axel Foley in the three action/comedy films of the late 80s and he's working on bringing him back.
He said: "What I'm trying to do with 'Beverly Hills Cop' now is produce a TV show starring Axel Foley's son, and Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit.
"I'd do the pilot, show up here and there."
According to the magazine, a movie has to earn twice its production budget in ticket sales, plus the millions spent on marketing, to be considered a financial success.
Katherine Heigl came second in the list of most overpaid stars as her most recent film 'One For The Money' earned just $37 million and cost $40 million to make.
Reese Witherspoon - who recently gave birth to her third child - also failed to lure audiences to the cinema this year.
Other surprising actors on the list include Sandra Bullock and Jack Black.
- Fighting for communityWhat's On 3,408 views
- Emotional Kesha thanksEntertainment 1,868 views
- Miller 'in love' with GrandeEntertainment 1,014 views
- FBI investigating Brad PittEntertainment 1,854 views
- Adele: 'my voice is weaker!'Entertainment 867 views
- Daisy Ridley quit Instagram Entertainment 710 views
- Crashing at Train WreckEntertainment 613 views
- Jim Carrey's slams allegationEntertainment 867 views
- Clinton yukks it upEntertainment 690 views