Dec 4, 2012 / 6:51 am
Prince William is visiting his pregnant wife Kate in a London hospital, where she is spending a second day being treated for acute morning sickness.
William arrived at the King Edward VII private hospital just before noon.
Royal officials announced Monday that Kate is pregnant and suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness that can lead to dehydration or worse if left untreated. She is expected to remain hospitalized for several days.
The pregnancy comes after a 2011 decision by the leaders of Britain and 15 Commonwealth nations endorsing new rules that give girls equal status with boys in the order of succession.
Experts caution that laws to enact the change have not yet been passed, which could cause uncertainty if the baby is a girl.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)