Dec 3, 2012 / 6:53 am
A 53-year-old man has lost his lower leg after being hit by a minivan outside a mall in Kamloops.
The RCMP say the 68-year-old driver of the van has admitted she accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake as she was parking Sunday in a handicapped spot outside Coopers Foods in Lansdowne Village.
Her vehicle lurched forward and pinned the man against a concrete post, severing his lower leg.
Police have ruled out alcohol, drugs, or a medical issue as factors in the accident and they've sent the vehicle for a mechanical inspection.
The Mounties are also asking witnesses to contact them. (CFJC)
Read more BC News
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
(Click for RSS instructions.)