Dec 3, 2012 / 6:53 am
A 53-year-old man has lost his lower leg after being hit by a minivan outside a mall in Kamloops.
The RCMP say the 68-year-old driver of the van has admitted she accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake as she was parking Sunday in a handicapped spot outside Coopers Foods in Lansdowne Village.
Her vehicle lurched forward and pinned the man against a concrete post, severing his lower leg.
Police have ruled out alcohol, drugs, or a medical issue as factors in the accident and they've sent the vehicle for a mechanical inspection.
The Mounties are also asking witnesses to contact them. (CFJC)
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)