Dec 2, 2012 / 3:22 pm
It was a wild ride for the driver of a white truck who flipped his vehicle outside the Home Hardware on Byland Rd around 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
According to RCMP Cst. Kent Hall, the male driver fled the scene on foot after the accident but witnesses gave a description and direction of travel.
“From what I understand, he has been taken into custody and is currently being investigated for impaired driving,” says Hall.
“It looks to me like he was travelling north on Byland road. He may have hit the shoulder and careened across the oncoming lane of traffic and fortunately hit a gigantic concrete block which slowed down his travel instead of going into the front of home hardware.”
Hall says he is unsure if speed was a factor in the crash, but acknowledges they are definitely investigating alcohol as a contributing factor.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9