Dec 2, 2012 / 3:22 pm
It was a wild ride for the driver of a white truck who flipped his vehicle outside the Home Hardware on Byland Rd around 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
According to RCMP Cst. Kent Hall, the male driver fled the scene on foot after the accident but witnesses gave a description and direction of travel.
“From what I understand, he has been taken into custody and is currently being investigated for impaired driving,” says Hall.
“It looks to me like he was travelling north on Byland road. He may have hit the shoulder and careened across the oncoming lane of traffic and fortunately hit a gigantic concrete block which slowed down his travel instead of going into the front of home hardware.”
Hall says he is unsure if speed was a factor in the crash, but acknowledges they are definitely investigating alcohol as a contributing factor.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19