Keep track of your TV remote, your luggage or even your children. StickyNFind is a bluetooth location sticker that you can attach to almost anything you want. You simply pair the bluetooth sticker with your smartphone and use the app to detect whether you're getting closer to your lost item.
The stickers are about the size of a quarter and last around one year on a single battery (batteries are easy to replace). The smartphone app comes with some handy features too. Receive notifications if one of your stickers travels more than 100 feet away from your phone, or receive notifications when a sticker comes back within 100 feet of your phone. StickNFind stickers also light up and beep, so when your keys end up behind the couch cushions they're still easy to find.
The catch? The product isn't in full scale development yet. They need to raise $70,000 to make their first mass-produced order. They're using Indiegogo (http://www.indiegogo.com/sticknfind) to raise the funds - at the time of writing this article they've raised over $25,000. Pledge $35 and receive 2 stickers, shipping to Canada is an additional $10.
Watch the demo video for more details.
About the author: Brad Parsons is the owner of Sticky Consulting, an Internet marketing & web consulting company based in Kelowna, BC.
Read more Tech Soup articles
- Get in the Loop May 16
- 3D printed guns on the horizon Apr 13
- Explain Like I'm Five: Crisis in Syria Apr 1
- One giant leap for doorbell tech Feb 25
- Hockey tech developing in Penticton Feb 10
- Nest: A Smart Thermostat Jan 14
- Okanagan game studio seeks funding Dec 7
- A gadget for forgetful people Dec 3
- Local tech startup hits milestone Nov 27
- Canadian ad company raises $12M Nov 27
- Video killed the radio star? Not so fast Jul 27
- Wait for iPhone 5 or go Android? Jul 6
(Click for RSS instructions.)