Dec 2, 2012 / 1:31 pm
B.C.'s Independent Investigations Office is looking into a motorcycle crash near Campbell River early Sunday morning that involved RCMP.
The independent police watchdog says Mounties were trying to stop a motorcycle around 2 a.m. because the driver was allegedly not wearing a helmet.
During the incident the male motorcycle driver lost control at a high rate of speed and struck the RCMP cruiser, sustaining serious injuries.
He was taken to hospital for treatment.
Five investigators from the police oversight agency are involved.
The Campbell River RCMP are conducting the investigation into the actions of the motorcycle driver.
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)