Dec 2, 2012 / 7:45 am
An 81-year-old Merritt resident has died after being struck by a vehicle while crossing the street.
The incident happened around 7:15 p.m. last night at the intersection of Charters Street and Nicola Avenue.
The man was transported to Nicola Valley Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Central Interior Traffic Service is conducting the investigation along with B.C. coroner services.
The name of the deceased has not been released and there is no word if the driver of the vehicle will face charges.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)