Dec 2, 2012 / 7:45 am
An 81-year-old Merritt resident has died after being struck by a vehicle while crossing the street.
The incident happened around 7:15 p.m. last night at the intersection of Charters Street and Nicola Avenue.
The man was transported to Nicola Valley Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Central Interior Traffic Service is conducting the investigation along with B.C. coroner services.
The name of the deceased has not been released and there is no word if the driver of the vehicle will face charges.
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)