Dec 1, 2012 / 3:15 pm
According to Interior Health, a clinical consultant has been brought in to ensure that proper care is being delivered to residents living at Summerland Seniors Village.
This after a 91-year-old man was found close to death in his suite at the care home after staff failed to check on him for several days.
“An overall review of the residential care section of the facility was already underway,” says Karen Bloemink, Regional Director, Residential Services.
“However, in light of recent concerns brought to us, we believe additional steps are required and we want to assure residents living at Summerland Seniors Village and their loved ones that we are taking these concerns seriously.”
This consultant will remain on site to work with existing management and staff to address concerns and improve care.
In addition to having a clinical consultant on site, the Ministry of Health is also investigating and taking steps to ensure residents living in other parts of this facility, whether assisted living or independent living, are also receiving safe and appropriate services. The Ministry of Health will be sending an inspector to the facility on Monday.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16