Vernon and North Okanagan
Nov 30, 2012 / 6:23 am
It wasn't a lot, but CBC's two radio stations in the Vernon area market have taken a small bite out of two competing commercial music radio stations.
CBC 1 and 2 saw a 6.9 increase in market share while the two music stations, Sunfm and KISS-FM lost a combined 6.8 share.
While every radio station programs to a different demographic be it females, males, younger adults or older, Castanet has always used a broad range of measurement, adults 18 to 64.
Numbers also take into account a full week of listening.
KISS-FM remains the most popular of the four radio choices in the Vernon market with a 27.5 share of the tuning market.
Sunfm follows with a 21.2 share.
CBC 1 and 2 are third and fourth with a 16.6 and 5.3 share respectively.
CBC 2 made the largest gains over 2011 numbers, gaining four points.
BBM measures radio tuning in Vernon every fall.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3