Nov 29, 2012 / 1:22 pm
Stand down, Regina, Mosaic Stadium isn't on fire.
People have called 911 over the last few days to report a fire at Mosaic Stadium, where the CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders play.
Deputy fire Chief Gerard Kay says callers have been insistent, describing bright flames and the smell of smoke.
But when firefighters arrived, there was no fire.
Kay says it took them three or four trips before they realized that people were seeing large video screens inside the stadium broadcasting the perennially popular holiday fireplace video.
The fire department has called the Roughriders asking them to change the video, and a spokesperson for the Roughriders confirms it has been taken off.
Read more Canada News
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'
- "You robbed me of my son"
- Former army boss to lead Space Agency
- N.S man gets 11 years for kidnapping
- FIFA says turbans are acceptable
- Crown cops 'colluded' on Dziekanski
- Squirrel takes whirl in toilet
- Via Rail's new offer represents wage cuts
- Mayor Ford overshadows police raids
- Police conduct early morning raids in TO