Nov 29, 2012 / 1:22 pm
Stand down, Regina, Mosaic Stadium isn't on fire.
People have called 911 over the last few days to report a fire at Mosaic Stadium, where the CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders play.
Deputy fire Chief Gerard Kay says callers have been insistent, describing bright flames and the smell of smoke.
But when firefighters arrived, there was no fire.
Kay says it took them three or four trips before they realized that people were seeing large video screens inside the stadium broadcasting the perennially popular holiday fireplace video.
The fire department has called the Roughriders asking them to change the video, and a spokesperson for the Roughriders confirms it has been taken off.
Read more Canada News
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides