This is my favourite time of year, both festive-wise and fashion-wise. The holiday season can make fashion so fun: the glamour of holiday parties, the little bits of festive for the day to day, and coziness of nights curling up over a glass of egg nog and a Christmas movie.
- Keep your accessories minimal since your metallic clothing is giving you sparkle and shine; stick with dainty pieces like gold studs or a small pendent on a chain.
- Wear metallics with neutrals to let the gold or silver stand out on its own, making it the focus of your outfit. Try a cozy knit with metallic jeans, or a simple t-shirt under a silver jacket.
- Wear one metallic tone at a time: the goal is to look polished, not like a disco ball so stick with either gold or silver, not both.
(Photo: Rhys Albrecht - rhysalbrecht.com)
Read more Okanaganista articles
- Festive footwear Dec 7
- Metallics Nov 30
- Stand out with camouflage Nov 23
- Layering for winter Nov 16
- The unexpected sweatshirt Nov 9
- Orange and black Oct 26
- Season of skulls Oct 19
- Tips for layering Oct 12
- Fall fashion essentials Oct 5
- How to wear the trend Sep 29
- New York Fashion Week! Sep 21
- New York here I come! Sep 7
(Click for RSS instructions.)