Nov 28, 2012 / 3:40 pm
A 73-year-old woman, struck by a bus earlier this month on Springfield Road in Kelowna has succumbed to her injuries.
Cst. Kris Clark, says the unidentified woman passed away last week.
The woman was struck by a bus shortly before 5 p.m. on November 4 at Springfield and Barlee roads.
Apparently, the bus was making a left turn off Springfield onto Barlee when the woman stumbled off the curb and was struck.
She was taken to Kelowna General Hospital with serious injuries.
She passed away 18 days later.
Police say rainy weather and poor visibility at the time may have contributed to the crash.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3