Nov 29, 2012 / 5:00 am
Self-sabotage. Two simple words with a negative connection attached to them! Admitting to yourself that the ultimate reason of failure of a previous desire or goal came down to this, just flat out stings! The dictionary definition of sabotage is "an act or process tending to hamper or hurt" or "deliberate subversion" a simpler definition….. Self-sabotage is the opposite of self-care!
Think back through life, any and all areas of life from - fitness, health, career, education, love or friendship. They can all be victimized by self-sabotage. The two most commonly to be sabotaged by yourself are the health and fitness!
The question from many is how have you caused this? Well, one of the largest culprits to lead you here is your own thoughts! Statistics have shown that in a 24 hour period we have up to 60,000 thoughts! Our thoughts can be negative triggers that repetitively cycle through the mind, to change yourself perception. Here is a list of the top seven Signs of Self-Sabotaging Behaviors!
- Focusing on what is not working or not right.
- Being stuck in fear.
- Feeling you have no value.
- Comparison of self to others.
- Meeting goals and then losing them.
- You chase away relationships.
- Having no purpose.
If you have recognized patterns of self-sabotage previously, ask yourself how and if your thoughts are connected to any or all of these seven sabotaging behaviours! Take the time to bring awareness to the thoughts going on throughout the day and make any connections!
If you are catching yourself with many negative thoughts about yourself, value or worth, try this exercise. For any negative thoughts you catch yourself thinking about, incorporate and replace by thinking of three positive things about yourself! Understanding your thoughts is the first step to achieving greatness!
Have fun with this exercise, and try setting a new goal or desire… this time self-sabotage may not take away the experience of achieving your goal.
If you have any questions, comments column topics, please contact Kasie at [email protected]
Read more Kasie's Health & Fitness Tips articles
- Kelowna's fitness leaders Oct 3
- Five steps to a better workout! Sep 19
- Life dreamer! Sep 5
- Blame shifter or decision maker? Aug 22
- Are you a breakfast skipper? Jul 25
- Life and fitness balance! Jul 11
- Fuel your body or fill your belly? Jun 13
- Mind-muscle connection May 30
- Re-organizing fitness into your schedule May 16
- Optimum health May 2
- Meditate your way to better health Apr 18
- Are you sweating during your workout? Apr 4
(Click for RSS instructions.)