Nov 27, 2012 / 12:21 pm
One of the two men shot dead in a Burnaby hotel Monday, was the brother of a man killed in a similar hit two years ago just a few kilometres away.
The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says the latest victims were Sukh Dhak and Thomas Mantel.
They were targeted in the lobby of the Executive Inn, but despite the hail of bullets, no other hotel guests or staff were hurt.
Dhak's brother, Gurmit Dhak, was gunned down in a parking lot at Burnaby's Metrotown shopping centre in October of 2010, and last year, the police issued a warning that anyone associated with Dhak was at risk.
More recently, the Crown had outlined a case against Sukh Dhak, calling him the mastermind behind a large-scale drug lab.
There have been a series of drug related killings in Metro Vancouver this year, dating back to last January. (The Canadian Press,News1130)
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)