Nov 27, 2012 / 11:24 am
Engage in the delicacy of Japanese calligraphy, the grace of martial arts and the power of Taiko drummers during a fundraiser on Dec. 2 for the Kelowna Kasugai Sister City Association.
The association’s Taste of Japan 2012 fundraiser will also feature food, tea, origami and many other demonstrations of Japanese culture at Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2.
Tickets for the event are two dollars and will be available at the door, or in advance from Komatsu Japanese Market, 1855 Kirschner Rd.
Kelowna’s sibling relationship with the city of Kasugai began in 1981 and has grown through the years to include cultural and business exchanges.
Learn more about Kasugai and the Sister City relationship here
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16