Nov 27, 2012 / 11:24 am
Engage in the delicacy of Japanese calligraphy, the grace of martial arts and the power of Taiko drummers during a fundraiser on Dec. 2 for the Kelowna Kasugai Sister City Association.
The association’s Taste of Japan 2012 fundraiser will also feature food, tea, origami and many other demonstrations of Japanese culture at Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2.
Tickets for the event are two dollars and will be available at the door, or in advance from Komatsu Japanese Market, 1855 Kirschner Rd.
Kelowna’s sibling relationship with the city of Kasugai began in 1981 and has grown through the years to include cultural and business exchanges.
Learn more about Kasugai and the Sister City relationship here
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7