Nov 27, 2012 / 11:16 am
Two people will be honoured with an award, on Wednesday, for saving a man's life.
The individuals will received the BC Ambulance Service Vital Link Awards after helping a West Kelowna man who had a cardiac arrest while talking with neighbours in September.
The patient’s care was enhanced by Advance Care Paramedics’ use of defibrillation and the immediate access to the STEMI Lab at Kelowna General Hospital.
The ceremony takes place at 10 a.m. at KGH. It will be attended by the recovered patient, award recipients, BCAS paramedics and the KGH physicians involved in providing care during the emergency.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7