Nov 26, 2012 / 11:45 am
A 42-year-old Kamloops woman was killed when a tree being cut down by her husband fell on her.
The incident occurred about 3:30 Sunday afternoon on an off shooting un-named forest service road 11.5 km up Lac La Jeune Forest Service Road.
There were no other people reported in the area at the time.
RCMP Staff Sgt. Grant Learned, says officers interviewed the deceased's 47-year-old husband who was emotionally distraught.
"Officers accompanied him to his home where the man’s two young daughters were notified of the event," says Learned.
"Police Victim Services are working with the family."
The police and Coroner’s investigation into the incident is on-going.
The name of the deceased will be released at the discretion of the BC Coroner’s Service.
Read more BC News
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)