Nov 26, 2012 / 11:45 am
A 42-year-old Kamloops woman was killed when a tree being cut down by her husband fell on her.
The incident occurred about 3:30 Sunday afternoon on an off shooting un-named forest service road 11.5 km up Lac La Jeune Forest Service Road.
There were no other people reported in the area at the time.
RCMP Staff Sgt. Grant Learned, says officers interviewed the deceased's 47-year-old husband who was emotionally distraught.
"Officers accompanied him to his home where the man’s two young daughters were notified of the event," says Learned.
"Police Victim Services are working with the family."
The police and Coroner’s investigation into the incident is on-going.
The name of the deceased will be released at the discretion of the BC Coroner’s Service.
Read more BC News
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
(Click for RSS instructions.)