Nov 25, 2012 / 2:32 pm
UPDATE: According to Albert Lee with Bell media relations, there was a rock slide on Saturday near Ashcroft B.C. It affected a line used by the Canadian National Railway and caused a cable to be cut in the process. CN is reporting they must first secure the site before any work can be done and since that access has not been given, there is no estimate on how long repairs will take.
Anyone who tried to call the Canadian Tire in Kelowna today wouldn’t have gotten far.
After one busy signal, the line automatically hangs up.
The problem? Something to do with their telephone service, provided by Bell.
A source familiar with the situation, but not authorized to speak on behalf of the company says the problem has been happening all day and has affected both incoming and outgoing calls.
They have been in touch with Bell and calls have been returned, but so far there is no timetable for when this problem will be solved.
Media inquiries made to Bell’s parent company BCE were not immediately returned.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12