Nov 25, 2012 / 2:32 pm
UPDATE: According to Albert Lee with Bell media relations, there was a rock slide on Saturday near Ashcroft B.C. It affected a line used by the Canadian National Railway and caused a cable to be cut in the process. CN is reporting they must first secure the site before any work can be done and since that access has not been given, there is no estimate on how long repairs will take.
Anyone who tried to call the Canadian Tire in Kelowna today wouldn’t have gotten far.
After one busy signal, the line automatically hangs up.
The problem? Something to do with their telephone service, provided by Bell.
A source familiar with the situation, but not authorized to speak on behalf of the company says the problem has been happening all day and has affected both incoming and outgoing calls.
They have been in touch with Bell and calls have been returned, but so far there is no timetable for when this problem will be solved.
Media inquiries made to Bell’s parent company BCE were not immediately returned.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9