Nov 25, 2012 / 5:00 pm
A high profile assault case is about to begin in Kelowna, and it will be the second in as many years for the officer involved.
RCMP Cst. Geoff Mantler was suspended soon after video surfaced of him kicking a Kelowna man in the head following a 9/11 call almost two years ago.
Now that man, Buddy Tavares, and Mantler will have their day in court.
Mantler is facing one count of assault causing bodily harm and Tavares is alleged to have been using a shotgun to scare geese away from a golf course prior the assault.
The trial begins Nov. 26 and is expected to last two weeks.
Earlier this year, Mantler was acquitted of assaulting another Kelowna resident during an arrest in August 2010.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12