Nov 25, 2012 / 5:00 pm
A high profile assault case is about to begin in Kelowna, and it will be the second in as many years for the officer involved.
RCMP Cst. Geoff Mantler was suspended soon after video surfaced of him kicking a Kelowna man in the head following a 9/11 call almost two years ago.
Now that man, Buddy Tavares, and Mantler will have their day in court.
Mantler is facing one count of assault causing bodily harm and Tavares is alleged to have been using a shotgun to scare geese away from a golf course prior the assault.
The trial begins Nov. 26 and is expected to last two weeks.
Earlier this year, Mantler was acquitted of assaulting another Kelowna resident during an arrest in August 2010.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6