Nov 25, 2012 / 12:55 am
Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot and the top prize will now increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong over the holiday week for Saturday's drawing, which was estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.
Neubauer says the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by a ConAgra Foods Workers in Lincoln, Neb.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
Read more World News
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
(Click for RSS instructions.)