Nov 24, 2012 / 4:47 pm
Local television stations are reporting that a fire at a multi-story garment factory on the outskirts of Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka, has killed at least eight people and injured scores more.
Television stations Boishakhi and ATN News reported that the fire broke out late Saturday in the factory in the Ashulia industrial district, just outside Dhaka.
Fire Department Control Room Official Mohammad Ali would not confirm any casualty figures, but says firefighters are trying to douse the flames racing through the factory operated by Tajnin Fashion. He would not provide any further details.
Read more World News
- 80-year-old stands on top of the world
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
(Click for RSS instructions.)