Nov 23, 2012 / 9:13 am
The Central Okanagan School District is getting an early Christmas gift from the province.
They will receive $405,392 in funding for the purchase of three new school buses, as part of a $14 million investment by the province.
“Kelowna will certainly benefit from these new buses,” says Kelowna-Mission MLA Steve Thomson.
"Not only do they burn significantly cleaner, but give the school district more resources to get their students to school safe and sound.
These new clean diesel buses reduce exhaust particulate emissions by 90 per cent compared to the previous standard and get between 30-60 per cent better mileage than gasoline-fuelled buses.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12
- Chain reaction accident on Hwy 97 May 11
- Push to end homelessness May 11
- Wrecks converge on McDonald's May 10
- Pulling planes for charity May 10