Friday, September 4th15.5°C

People flee house fire

Emergency Social Services were called in to care for five people forced to flee after a fire started in their home Thursday morning.

The fire broke out at the home on Burnett Street shortly after 11:30.

Kelowna Fire Department platoon captain Tim Light says the fire started on the stove and extended into the walls and ceiling area of the home.

Upon arrival, crews observed smoke coming from the main floor of the structure.

Crews were able to knock down the fire before it spread to other areas of the house.

Light says the kitchen sustained significant damage while the rest of the home did suffer smoke damage.

Six people in the home at the time, three adults and three children, were able to evacuate on their own.

No one was injured.

Light says people are urged to check their smoke detectors regularly.

Read more Kelowna News


Recent Trending


2382779607 Clifton Road
3 bedrooms 4 baths
more details
Click here to feature your property
Please wait... loading



Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Gertrude (Gerti)
Gertrude (Gerti) Kelowna SPCA >



Okanagan Quick Links City of Kelowna
Airport Arrivals
Airport Departures
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Transit
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna
Central Okanagan
Regional District

District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
Interior Health
UBC Okanagan
Okanagan College
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library

Kelowna City Council Audio
August 25, 2015 @ 6:00 pm
Live broadcasts, archives, schedule >

Member of BC Press Council