Nov 22, 2012 / 1:04 pm
The trailer has been recovered, but the contents remain at large.
Sometime overnight, thieves broke into the compound at Boyd Auto Body and stole the company's 30-foot long community trailer.
Company marketing coordinator, Heather Harrison says inside the trailer was a classic 1970 Camaro. The owner had been restoring the vehicle for the past three years.
The trailer was located Thursday morning on Trepanier Road off of the Okanagan Connector, however, Harrison says the car was gone.
"It was mainly the shell with the motor in it and the motor didn't even work," says Harrison.
"Whoever got it out of the trailer must have had a flat deck or something to drive it away because it wasn't driveable."
Harrison says the trailer was stolen sometime between closing time Wednesday and opening Thursday morning.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6