Nov 22, 2012 / 11:49 am
Photo: Contributed - Melcor
Melcor Development's trail with a view.
It may not yet have an official name, but ground on the new Black Mountain trail system was broken in a ceremony Wednesday afternoon by members of Melcor Developments Ltd. and Mayor Walter Gray.
“We’re really happy with this kind of partnership,” said Mayor Gray, referring to City Councils vote to approve the sharing of costs on the project with Melcor Ltd. “Once you get up there, it’s quite a panorama.”
Andrew Bruce, Regional Manager for Melcor Developments, was also enthusiastic, “Our intention is to increase accessibility to the scenic path and encourage a healthy lifestyle,” he said, speaking at the ceremony.
The finished trail, which will be approximately 1200m in length, will feature wooden stairs, three viewpoints with benches and a spectacular view.
It is scheduled for completion in May, 2013.
Black Mountain trail Nov. 22
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7