Nov 21, 2012 / 4:59 pm
Some of the most active companies traded Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,100.06 up 53.78 points):
Talison Lithium Ltd. (TSX:TLH). Miner. Down 40 cents, or 5.62 per cent, at $6.72 on 13,568,412 shares. The company said it will review a takeover offer by Chengdu Tianqi Industry (Group) Co. Ltd. to see if it qualifies as a "superior proposal" to a friendly-takeover deal with Rockwood Holdings Inc.
Spartan Oil Corp. (TSX:STO). Oil and gas. Down 29 cents, or 5.66 per cent, at $4.83 on 10,986,043 shares. The company and Pinecrest Energy Inc. (TSXV:PRY) are joining forces to create a new billion-dollar company capable of snapping up big oil assets that both have long coveted, but neither had the heft to acquire on its own.
Research In Motion Ltd. (TSX:RIM). Wireless technology. Up 53 cents, or 5.46 per cent, $10.23 on 6,426,596 shares. The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board is making a switch from RIM`s BlackBerry smartphone to the new iPhone 5. The board says existing Blackberry devices have been failing both at "inopportune times" and at an unacceptable rate.
Whitecap Resources Inc. (TSX:WCP). Oil and gas. Down 52 cents, or 5.86 per cent, at $8.36 on on 5,145,046 shares.
CAE Inc. (TSX:CAE). Flight training and simulation provider. Up seven cents, or 0.74 per cent, at $9.48 on 4,019,485 shares.
Manulife Financial Corp. (TSX:MFC). Insurer. Up 21 cents, or 1.73 per cent, at $12.36 on 3,894,190 shares. CGI Group (TSX:CGI) has been awarded a $142-million, seven-year contract to provide infrastructure services and consolidate the U.S. data centres of John Hancock Financial, a subsidiary of Manulife Financial. (TSX:GIB.A). CGI`s shares were unchanged at $24.01.
TSX Venture Exchange (1,242.66 up 0.36 point):
Pinecrest Energy Inc. (TSXV:PRY). Oil and gas. Down six cents, or 3.21 per cent, at $1.81 on 32,367,357 shares. The deal with Spartan Oil Corp. sees the combined entity having an enterprise value of close to $1 billion.
Novus Energy Inc. (TSXV:NVS). Up eight cents, or 8.25 per cent, at $1.05 on 6,060,766 shares. Third-quarter earnings dropped 50 per cent to $1.7 million or a penny per share from year-earlier $3.5 million or two cents per share. Revenue increased to $19.4 million from $14.8 million.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.19||-0.01|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.36||-0.01|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.58||+0.02|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Stocks ease lower after the latest record high in the Standard & Poor's 500 index
- Alaska town's eBay sale of Palin's mayoral vehicle causes stir
- Talisman Energy sells stake in Colombia pipeline for US$595 million
- Chorus Aviation raises dividend by 50 per cent following arbitration win
- Loan guarantee for Muskrat Falls finalized: Newfoundland and Labrador premier
- Farm group says new federal bill gives more control to seed companies
- With NHL revenues tied closely to Canadian dollar, Bettman keeps eye on it
- Fewer risks to Canadian financial systems, but housing still a concern: BoC
- Betty Quadracci, co-founder of Quad/Graphics, dies at 75, was Milwaukee Magazine president
- With a cool $31.6 million in its second week, 'Frozen' takes over top spot at the box office
- Canadian Oil Sands appoints new CEO, sets $1.1-billion 2014 capital budget
- Government sells remaining stake in General Motors, loses $10.5 billion on company bailout