Nov 21, 2012 / 3:18 pm
Cultural Master Plan
Council was provided information on the developing West Kelowna Cultural Plan from consultant Millier Dickinson Blais. The plan is a strategic guiding document being created to provide a framework for cultural priorities for the next 10 years.
Council was advised that Phase 1, of the three-phase project, is complete and involved a review of current guiding documents including the Official Community Plan, Westbank Centre Revitalization Plan, Parks and Recreation Master Plan and the Waterfront Plan.
Phase 2 revolves around community engagement and includes a community forum, taking place tonight (November 21), from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Westbank Lions Hall, as well as focus groups, an online survey and a photo contest.
Phase 3 will incorporate information from the community engagement exercises in the developing of a draft cultural master plan. For more information on the Cultural Plan, please visit the District’s website at – look under Departments/Recreation and Cultural Services/Cultural Plan
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10