Several locked out NHL players will be hitting the ice Saturday night for charity.
Not the hockey ice - the curling ice.
The 'Kelowna Wives of the NHLPA' are organizing a fundraiser for the Movember Foundation and Prostate Cancer Canada.
Six players and their wives will curl from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday at the Kelowna Curling Club.
Spectators are encouraged to come out, meet the players, get autographs and bid on some silent auction items.
The event is free, however, donations to the Movember Foundation are encouraged.
Players and their wives will be making a sizeable donation to the foundation as well.
Those participating include:
- Brent and Daynas Seabrook - Chicago Blackhawks
- Keaton and Lauren Ellerby - Florida Panthers
- Jordin and Jen Tootoo - Detroit Red Wings
- Luke and Jeska Schenn - Philadelphia Flyers
- Blake and Lacey Comeau - Calgary Flames
- Wade and Danica Redden - New York Rangers
Other players may be added prior to Saturday.
Between Fans can make a donation to the Movember Foundation at the curling club until 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Anyone making a donation of $25 or more will be entered into a draw. The winner and their spouse will get to curl Saturday night with the players and their wives.