Nov 20, 2012 / 10:17 am
Update: The girl who was reported as missing on November 19, 2012 is safe and has been located in Medicine Hat. Thanks to the media and the public for their assistance.
A Kelowna teen who went missing on Sunday is believed to be travelling with a young man, headed towards Regina.
On November 19, at 6:30 p.m., the Kelowna RCMP received a report of a missing youth. Demi Rempel had apparently left her home in the 1400 block of Terai Road at around 9 p.m. the previous evening, leaving a note indicating that she did not want to return.
Rempel has been hanging out with a 20-year-old man from Regina who had recently moved to Kelowna. The man had expressed interest in hitchhiking back to Regina and disappeared around the same time as Rempel.
Additional information that police have obtained through the course of their investigation also suggests that both Rempel and the 20-year-old man are headed East on the TransCanada Highway.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4