Nov 19, 2012 / 3:37 pm
DriveBC is warning travellers to consider alternate arrangements if planning to take the Coquihalla Highway today (Nov. 19).
Limited visibility with heavy snowfall from Box Canyon Chainup area to Exit 250, Larson Hill has forced a travel advisory.
Environment Canada is forecasting 10 cm of snow at the summit by Monday evening.
Just after 2 p.m. Monday a BC ambulance was involved in a minor vehicle accident on Highway 5 near the Logan Lake turn off.
No patients were on board and no injuries sustained by staff, the ambulance also received minor damage.
It's unclear if weather was a factor, however Environment Canada was forecasting cloudy weather with flurries at the time.
Although there is not an advisory for the connector (Hwy 97 C), fog has reduced visibility and 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected to fall near the summit.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)