Nov 19, 2012 / 3:37 pm
DriveBC is warning travellers to consider alternate arrangements if planning to take the Coquihalla Highway today (Nov. 19).
Limited visibility with heavy snowfall from Box Canyon Chainup area to Exit 250, Larson Hill has forced a travel advisory.
Environment Canada is forecasting 10 cm of snow at the summit by Monday evening.
Just after 2 p.m. Monday a BC ambulance was involved in a minor vehicle accident on Highway 5 near the Logan Lake turn off.
No patients were on board and no injuries sustained by staff, the ambulance also received minor damage.
It's unclear if weather was a factor, however Environment Canada was forecasting cloudy weather with flurries at the time.
Although there is not an advisory for the connector (Hwy 97 C), fog has reduced visibility and 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected to fall near the summit.
Read more BC News
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
(Click for RSS instructions.)