Vernon and North Okanagan
Nov 19, 2012 / 1:04 pm
Charges have finally been laid in regards to the fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred on Hwy 97 and Highland Road on April 3rd 2011 at 9:48am.
Creston resident John Moesker, 29, has been charged with Dangerous Driving Causing Death.
The accident occurred when a Ford Windstar, heading northbound on Hwy 97, turned left onto Highland Road across two lanes of southbound traffic near Swan Lake Nursery.
A Mazda MX-6 travelling southbound fatally collided with the Windstar.
The victim of the crash was 82-year-old Vernon resident Howard Nixon Horning, who was the passenger of the Ford Windstar, died at the scene.
“At this time they (Crown) aren’t taking any action against the second driver, which would be the driver of the Windstar," says RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk.
A summons has been issued for Moesker with an appearance date of December 13 2012 at 9 a.m. for his first appearance.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Two people pulled from Shuswap River Jun 17
- Fire ban set for Kamloops Fire Centre Jun 15
- Sawmill fire destroys building Jun 14
- RCMP officer faces child porn charge Jun 14
- In memory of Taylor Jun 14
- Sunshine will be out this weekend Jun 13
- Structural issues shut down theatre Jun 12