Nov 19, 2012 / 10:59 am
A fire broke out at the Super Save Gas station on highway 97A in Enderby this morning.
Crews were called out around 3:00 a.m. to a report of heavy smoke coming out from the back of the building.
“Once we arrived on scene, there was a lot of heavy black smoke coming out but no visible flames when we arrived,” says Enderby Fire Chief Kevin Alstad.
“I think it’s a full loss. The structure is a log building, I’m hoping we can save it, but the roof will need to be replaced. All the contents suffered from smoke and water damage.”
According to Alstad, it’s still too early to speculate on the cause or whether the fire was suspicious. Crews are returning to the scene today to conduct a further investigation.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Fire at Monte Creek hit hard May 7
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Chase May 7
- Man presumed drowned in the Shuswap May 6
- $70,000 in stolen goods recovered May 6
- Home invasion with bats and knives May 3