Nov 19, 2012 / 10:09 am
The driver of a silver mini-van has been taken to Kelowna General Hospital following a three vehicle crash on Highway 97 near Grizzly Road shortly after 9 a.m. Monday.
Cst. Tyler Folz says the female driver of the van was travelling northbound when she appeared to cross into the opposing lane of traffic.
"She collided first with the transit bus and then with the semi truck," explains Folz.
"They were both southbound on the highway."
Folz says at this time police have yet to determine why the driver crossed into the on-coming lane.
He says the woman was conscious when she was taken from the scene.
Folz says her injuries were undetermined but not thought to be life threatening.
The small transit bus was empty except for the driver while the semi was carrying the driver, his wife and a dog at the time of the crash.
There are no reports of other injuries.
The semi was hauling auto parts.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11