Nov 19, 2012 / 10:09 am
The driver of a silver mini-van has been taken to Kelowna General Hospital following a three vehicle crash on Highway 97 near Grizzly Road shortly after 9 a.m. Monday.
Cst. Tyler Folz says the female driver of the van was travelling northbound when she appeared to cross into the opposing lane of traffic.
"She collided first with the transit bus and then with the semi truck," explains Folz.
"They were both southbound on the highway."
Folz says at this time police have yet to determine why the driver crossed into the on-coming lane.
He says the woman was conscious when she was taken from the scene.
Folz says her injuries were undetermined but not thought to be life threatening.
The small transit bus was empty except for the driver while the semi was carrying the driver, his wife and a dog at the time of the crash.
There are no reports of other injuries.
The semi was hauling auto parts.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3