Nov 18, 2012 / 11:55 am
Vancouver police say they're investigating the discovery of a body that was found inside a burnt car in the city's east side.
Police say firefighters responded to a car fire on Friday night.
When they arrived, they found a badly burnt car and what were believed to be human remains inside.
Police say the fire is being treated as suspicious, though they haven't speculated what caused the blaze or whether they're dealing with a homicide.
Forensic identification experts and the police department's major crimes unit are involved in the investigation.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)