Nov 18, 2012 / 11:55 am
Vancouver police say they're investigating the discovery of a body that was found inside a burnt car in the city's east side.
Police say firefighters responded to a car fire on Friday night.
When they arrived, they found a badly burnt car and what were believed to be human remains inside.
Police say the fire is being treated as suspicious, though they haven't speculated what caused the blaze or whether they're dealing with a homicide.
Forensic identification experts and the police department's major crimes unit are involved in the investigation.
Read more BC News
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
(Click for RSS instructions.)