Nov 17, 2012 / 11:09 pm
The West Kelowna Walmart Superstore was forced to close early Saturday night after a small fire forced an evacuation of the store.
The fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. in the jewellery department.
West Kelowna fire officials say some paper caught fire after possibly being too close to some wiring.
An employee put the fire out using a dry chemical fire extinguisher.
The store was evacuated and remained closed for the rest of the night while firefighters properly ventilated the building.
There were no injuries.
Calls made to the West Kelowna Walmart Superstore confirm the store has reopened Sunday morning in its normal capacity. However an employee said no official statement can be made on the fire without district approval.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10