Nov 17, 2012 / 10:45 am
The quest to bring community radio to West Kelowna continues with the Westbank and District Community Radio Society’s annual general meeting to take place on November 21.
The meeting will be from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the West Kelowna Holiday Inn, Monashee Room.
"Now in our 17th month of existence, we are still very much committed to establishing a new community radio station in Westbank and are inviting the Westside public to attend," says WDCRS President and founder R.J. Smith.
“We are seeking fresh ideas from new volunteers on how to help and expand our goals, with respect to on-air programming, fund-raising and corporate sponsorships."
The AGM will include the election and re-appointment of a new Board of Directors for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. All members of the Westbank Community Radio Society, as well as members of the public, are invited to attend.
For more information visit their website.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19
- Designers wanted for civic centre Nov 18