Nov 17, 2012 / 10:45 am
The quest to bring community radio to West Kelowna continues with the Westbank and District Community Radio Society’s annual general meeting to take place on November 21.
The meeting will be from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the West Kelowna Holiday Inn, Monashee Room.
"Now in our 17th month of existence, we are still very much committed to establishing a new community radio station in Westbank and are inviting the Westside public to attend," says WDCRS President and founder R.J. Smith.
“We are seeking fresh ideas from new volunteers on how to help and expand our goals, with respect to on-air programming, fund-raising and corporate sponsorships."
The AGM will include the election and re-appointment of a new Board of Directors for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. All members of the Westbank Community Radio Society, as well as members of the public, are invited to attend.
For more information visit their website.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10