Vernon and North Okanagan
Nov 15, 2012 / 3:45 pm
Yesterday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. our officers responded to a pedestrian motor vehicle collision at the intersection of 32nd Street and 39th Ave in Vernon.
The driver of the car was traveling west on 39th Ave when he turned left onto 32nd St and struck a middle aged female pedestrian who was in the cross walk.
EHS transported the victim to VJH, she suffered broken legs, and a broken left shoulder as a result of this accident.
The driver advised police he was unable to see the victim in the crosswalk due to the sun in his eyes. The 17-year-old driver from Vernon was issued a ticket for failing to yield to a pedestrian.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29