Nov 15, 2012 / 5:00 am
Aberdeen Hall Preparatory School Grade 9 students at the Kelowna Community Food Bank
The recent effort to raise much needed food for the Kelowna Community Food Bank by the students of Aberdeen Hall Preparatory School was a giant success.
In total the students collected 1,387 pounds of food, which will go a long way in helping the people in the community. The Grade 9 class was proud to package all of the donations and deliver them to the Food Bank where they were also given the opportunity to tour the facility.
Ms. Dionnes's class
Students in Rutland also pitched in to help the Food Bank.
Ms. Dionne's Grade 6 class at South Rutland Elementary School raised over 1,000 pounds of food for the Kelowna Food Bank during " Scare Hunger Week."
Click here for more information on the Kelowna Food Bank.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Boparai pleads guilty to threats Dec 2
- Bus hits Jetta; Gordon reopened Dec 2
- Alberta storms affecting flights Dec 2
- Eye in the sky tracks shoplifters Dec 2
- Dix video: BC pays for Liberal lies Dec 1
- Therapeutic riding keeps under cover Dec 1
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 1
- Stuart Park development scaled back Dec 1
- Movember wrap-up party Nov 30
- Take your photo with Santa for the kids Nov 30