Nov 14, 2012 / 4:46 pm
West Kelowna RCMP are looking for a witness as well as the vehicle and driver involved in a pedestrian hit and run this (Wednesday) afternoon.
At about 2:30 p.m., police received a report of a hit and run involving an elderly pedestrian on Elliott Road near Churchill Road.
Apparently, the vehicle exited the Shell gas station at the corner of Main Street and Elliott Road, turning right onto Elliott Road.
The vehicle proceeded eastbound on Elliott Road and struck an 80-year-old West Kelowna man near the intersection of Churchill Road. The suspect vehicle fled the scene.
The elderly man was sent to hospital with undetermined injuries.
The vehicle involved was described to be a white Toyota Matrix.
The vehicle's driver side mirror will be missing and it may have some front end damage.
The driver was believed to be a man in his mid-20's.
A woman who witnessed the incident left the scene before speaking with police and is encouraged to come forward to assist in the investigation.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880.
People can also remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, online at Crimestoppers or text to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19
- Designers wanted for civic centre Nov 18