Nov 14, 2012 / 12:18 pm
A former school district employee on northern Vancouver Island faces child pornography charges.
RCMP in Port McNeill, 350 kilometres northwest of Nanaimo, say 45-year-old Timothy Joseph Ouellette faces one count of possession of child porn and another charge of possession for the purpose of distribution or sale.
Charges were laid Nov. 9, more than seven months after Mounties raided Ouellette's Port McNeill home and seized several pieces of evidence.
Officers say Ouellette has since moved away from Port McNeill and an RCMP release does not indicate what position he held with the school district.
While Ouellette is free on bail, he must not use the Internet or have contact with children under 14 years of age.
He next court date is set for Nov. 20 in provincial court in Port Hardy.
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)