Nov 14, 2012 / 12:01 pm
A man who fled the country after being accused of sexually assaulting children is now back in police custody in British Columbia.
Jamieson Glendinning was escorted back to Vancouver by Australian authorities last week and immediately arrested by Delta police officers.
A warrant was issued for Glendinning after he failed to show up for a court appearance last June.
The man was arrested in October in Sydney, Australia.
Glendinning faces charges of indecent assault, gross indecency and sexual assault involving children dating back to when he was connected to the Tsawwassen Amateur Baseball Association for a decade starting in 1985.
His next court appearance is set for Nov. 20.
Read more BC News
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
(Click for RSS instructions.)