Nov 14, 2012 / 9:45 am
Police have arrested 23 people while breaking up an alleged drug-trafficking ring in Quebec.
Some of those arrested are being linked by authorities to criminal biker gangs.
Provincial police also seized cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamine, firearms and about $25,000 in cash during a series of raids.
The arrests took place in different cities and towns in the province's Eastern Townships.
The people nabbed are all men, aged 19 to 52, and members of the group will face various criminal charges ranging from gangsterism, drug-trafficking and conspiracy to traffic.
Read more Canada News
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike