Nov 14, 2012 / 7:20 am
A Surrey, B.C., man is in serious condition in a Metro Vancouver hospital after being jumped by a group of men and shot in the torso.
Surrey RCMP say the incident happened just after 7:30 Tuesday night in the Fleetwood neighbourhood.
They believe the man was investigating noises in his front yard when he was confronted by as many as five young men.
A scuffle followed and the suspects fled after the shot was fired.
No arrests have been made and police say there are no suspects.
Officers are canvassing the neighbourhood, hoping area residents saw something or can offer some clues about a motive for the shooting.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)